Monday, October 19, 2009

Great weekend but too much eating and too much shopping

Wow, I had such a great weekend. One of my best friends from university flew down from Canada for the weekend.

Here is a brief synopsis of our eating adventures for the weekend.

We started off with Friday night cocktails and dinner at Craftbar. Good, but not great food and watch out, their gin "blondie" martini packs a whallop.

Then, both being redheads, we proceeded to the Redhead in the East Village for drinks. Um, what is with the new spicy beer fad? Not a fan...

Saturday we had a great dinner at Momofuku Noodle Bar. As a life long fan of ramen noodles, I was glad to see that they have gone from 25 cents to truly gourmet. Double yum, and actually much better than the ramen I had in Tokyo last year.










The fun continued on Sunday with brunch at Joe Doe, a stroll through SoHo and then up to the East Village. My friend requested we stop at Magnolia Bakery (or the Soviet bakeshop as I affectionately refer to it, because you have to wait on line outside to go in). But my friend was happy and brought home a little parcel full of cupcake love to her fiancee. Aww.... ;-)
Good thing we literally walked back and forth across the entire width of Manhattan, after all those calories consumed!

No comments:

Post a Comment